Shift were commissioned to analyse the open codes from a survey which collected feedback around the 2022 British Society for Rheumatology (BSR) conference. The conference was delivered in a hybrid format, having been online the previous year.
Survey results were collected both from those in online and face-to-face modes. Only statistically significant differences were reported by Shift.
- Shift conducted in-depth analysis, data processing and cleaning the data. Analysis was conducted using Q statistics, our data analytics software.
- Data was also compared between the 2021 and 2022 data, between different member types, as well as between participants attending using the online and face-to-face modes.
- Shift supported BSR’s ongoing commitment to evaluate and reflect on their annual conferences.
- Our analysis helped to shape greater understanding of differences and similarities across the feedback for both years, including technical aspects, content and the format of the conference.
- These findings helped to further support development of future conferences put on by BSR. We also identified the most important aspects for attendees, which they should highlight in messaging around future conferences.